It can be a little difficult to obtain an Instagram Access Token, but we're here to help. To obtain your Access Token and begin displaying your Instagram feed on your store, simply follow these easy steps.
- You must first create an app on Facebook for Developers in order to receive your Access Token. Log into Facebook, go to the Facebook Developers Account page, and select the Create App option to get started.
- We need to scroll down a bit and select None.
- Here we need to enter our app name. I set it as LayoutHub. After that we hit Create App.
- Now on the Dashboard, we're going to click on Set up on the app Instagram Basic Display.
- We need to scroll down to the bottom and hit Create New App, after that we enter the App name to the field and hit Create app.
- After this we need to scroll to the bottom again and Add our Instagram tester.
- You should be able to see the Add Instagram Testers button, we need to click on that.
- There should be a pop up showing up that we need to enter our Instagram username there and hit Submit.
- Now we need to login into our Instagram account, navigate to More > Settings > Apps and Websites > Tester Invites tab > Click Accept to approve the invitation.
- Then we'll go back to the Facebook Developers Dashboard and navigate to Basic Display. Scroll to the User Token Generator Section and click the Generate Token button.
- Now all you need to do is paste the token into the Instagram section from the App.